It's hard to pick favorites from fashion week(s) - but there's one 'do I've been dying to try.
Get this look inspired by Rodarte at New York Fashion Week in just a few easy steps.
6 Steps to Fashion Week Hair
What you'll need:
- Three clear elastics
- Spin pins (and/or bobby pins)
- Paul Mitchell Freeze and Shine Super Spray
Let's get started.
1. Take a small section of your hair from one side of your head, right above your ear. Braid it to the end and tie off with a clear elastic.
2. Loosen the braid by pulling gently at the strands.
3. Repeat steps 1-2 for the other side of your head. Then, pull back both braids and secure them with another clear elastic at the back of your head.
4. Take off the elastics on two individual braids and unravel them, leaving only the elastic that joins them.
5. Wrap the pony in a circle motion to create a circle/bun/rosette. For my finer-haired gals, feel free to "cheat" by taking extra hair from behind the pony (where no one can see) and incorporating it into the rosette. For my longer and thicker-haired gals, only use half the pony for the rosette and braid the other half, tying it off with a clear elastic (as is pictured above).
6. Secure the rosette against your scalp with some spin pins.
Hairspray that baby and...voilà!
Pair this look with a smoky eye and a nude lip, then throw on a plain-colored tee, skinny jeans and heels - and you're ready to walk the runway.