Even though we're still in the swing of summer, it's not too early to start thinking about your look for next season. Need some inspiration? We've got 7 stylish ideas to try this fall.
1.Lower your ponytail or bun- Take your high summer ponytail down a notch.Try fashioning a wavy ponytail at the nape of the neck and create playful volume at the top for a go-to fall look.
2. Play it straight- Ditch the bedhead for a sleek 'do that feels done. Fall is the perfect time to play it straight as frizz brought on by humidity is less of an issue. Curly girls and naturals can check out tutorials here and here to give straight hair a whirl.
3. Tweak your hair color- A seasonal change presents the ideal opportunity to reconsider your hair color. Stylists Fatima Litaker and Toni Gabbidon of Jus Hair Salon in Atlanta recommend "going darker with warmer tones" and "instead of bright highlights, going with lowlights in fall/winter."
4. Simplify your braids- The fall runways of Valentino, Rodarte or Badgely Mischka indicate the season's call for no fuss braids. Clean lines and simplicity are the keys to a braided style that feels more timeless. Get in on the less is more braid trend in 6 easy steps with our Rodarte inspired braid tutorial.
5. Ride the (softer) wave- Transition your summer beachy waves into trending soft and luxurious waves. Think classic waves or easy spirals that only require the slight bump of a curling wand.
6. Get bangs- It's amazing what a little face framing fringe or blunt cut bangs can do. The right bangs can make you look younger, your face appear slimmer and completely transform your look. Before you make the final cut, you can fake a swoop bang by sweeping hair over from a deep side part. Don't be afraid to experiment with a faux blunt cut bang.
7. Pump up the volume- The voluminous 40’s inspired curls spotted at Bottega Venetta have us looking forward to the bigger the better hair. If this style is a little over the top for your daily look, try teasing up your everyday hairstyle to be right on trend.
And there you have it, 7 not hard tweaks to transition your hairstyle from summer to fall.
For the love of hair,
Photo Credit: Imagecollect