In-salon events aren't just for big salons. They're for anyone who's ever wanted to bump up their game, and become a buzzed about place. And really, who doesn't want that? Here's our cheat sheet on how to throw an in-salon event, and how it'll help you grow your business.
Salons and stylists are working in a fast-paced world, full of technology that moves faster than one can process. By throwing in-salon events you'll be bringing a freshness to your salon game. Here's why:
- Events bring groups, and groups mean more business.
- It's a learning experience for you and your clients. You'll build better relationships, teach them something and possibly get new clients.
- People want to do something new and different, and an event at a salon definitely hits both marks.
- Forget wine and canvas parties. You'll establish yourself and your salon as the place to go.
What kind of events are you going to throw? With a multitude of talent, you can pretty much do anything you like from styling, to hair care, to nails and skin if your salon is a full-service spa. To get your wheels turning, we've got some ideas for you:
- Blowout bar. Teach your clients how to master the blowout.
- Shampoo party. How to properly wash your hair so that you're not damaging it in the process.
- Braid bar. Everyone loves a good braid. Teach different techniques so your clients can always be styling.
- Pay-it-forward event. Take any of your ideas, and add a pay-it-forward twist by having a canned food drive or something similar.
Think of your in-salon event like a party. Pick a day, choose a time and get the word out. Start with once a month and see how it goes. If you've got a Facebook page it's easy to post an event and invite clients. You can easily post to your Twitter, Instagram and Loxa Beauty accounts as well.
- Plan on having a limited number of people. Your salon space can only accommodate so many bodies, and once you see how it goes you can even up the number of events each month.
- Decide on how much it'll cost. Clients will ask.
- Will you serve snacks and drinks? Decide this early on so that you aren't scrambling last minute.
- We recommend evening events for maximum "It" factor, but it's up to you on how you'd like to spin it.
Have you planned in-salon events? Let us know how it went!