With summer coming to a close, it's that bittersweet time of year when you trade in your swimsuits for scarves. Before you start shopping for new clothes and accessories this fall, keep these six fashion dos and dont's in mind:
1. Do find fashion inspiration from military looks and styles. Khaki green should be staple in your wardrobe this Fall. Try mixing dark green and black colors together like this military-inspired dress:
Looking for something more casual? Match your skinny jeans with a simple black t-shirt, a dark green jacket with bold buttons, and tall black boots.
2. Don’t forget to add a knit beanie (or five) to your wardrobe. In my opinion, you can never have enough knit beanies! How should you wear your hair with a beanie? You have many options, but wearing it down and curly is always a safe bet. For a more playful look, try wearing your beanie with a side or low ponytail.Take inspiration from Ashley Olsen, who kept her hair down and curly (wavy) with this adorable red beanie:
You can find more fall hair inspiration here.
3. Do go monochromatic. Wearing only one color might sound odd to you at first, but Emma from Glee shows you how to make this fashion trend work perfectly.
4. Don’t put away your leopard print patterns. Glamour magazine and NY Magazine both say cat prints and patterns are hot again this fall.
5. Do invest in some over the knee boots. Tall boots like the ones below are sexy and stylish. You can match your tall boots with skinny jeans, tights, or even a short dress.
6. Don’t ignore the importance of layering up. Glamour Magazine also suggests wearing a sheer dress over leather pants, which allows you to layer without looking bulky. The model below shows you how to wear layers and a knit beanie for a fabulous look this fall.
Looking for more fall fashion inspiration? We've got your guide to making the major fall runway trends a reality in your closet here.