Bye-bye, stick straight hair! 2014 is the year of the wave. Get smooth, sexy waves with help from American Culture Hair’s Simply Smooth products.
To create this style, you’ll need:
Simply Smooth xtend keratin reparative magic potion - This potion provides all-purpose styling and conditioning to your locks without adding weight. The product instantly hydrates, detangles, seals cuticles, defrizzes and smoothes, all while adding thermal protection as well.
Simply Smooth xtend keratin replenishing spiral gel - This gel helps eliminate frizz, smoothes hair and intensifies shine while helping to hold curls in place flexibly.
Simply Smooth xtend keratin replenishing reflection shine finisher - This defining pomade helps tame, define and separate strands while adding shine.
Simply Smooth humidity shield hairspray - This aerosol spray fights humidity and moisture, leaving hair touchable with a light to firm hold.
A wide-tooth comb or Wet Brush
A blowdry round brush (optional)
A duckbill clip or two
A 1 ½-inch curling iron or your regular flat iron
Let’s get started.
Step by step:
1. Starting with freshly washed hair, work a liberal amount of Simply Smooth xtend keratin reparative magic potion throughout your locks for smoothness and thermal protection. Comb through your strands with a wide-tooth comb or Wet Brush to help distribute it evenly.
2. Apply a small amount (a dime-sized drop or so is plenty) of Simply Smooth xtend keratin replenishing spiral gel into the palms of your hands and rub together, then distribute from the middle of your strands to the ends.
3. Blow dry your hair smoothly, using a round brush if possible.
4. Divide your hair into two or three sections horizontally (depending on how thick your hair is). Separate the top section(s) out of the way with a duckbill clip or two.
5. Starting with the bottom section, take a strand of hair approximately two inches wide.
6. Starting about halfway down the strand, put the hair into your curling or flat iron, the twirl the iron once or twice away from your face. Think of the strand like a ribbon - smooth the iron down the length of hair and then twist it once or twice at the end to create a small, soft wave.
7. Repeat step 6 on all strands on the bottom section, then move to the top section(s) and continuing your waves.
8. Once all of your locks are wavy, gently finger-comb them for a more natural look. Then work a small amount of Simply Smooth xtend keratin replenishing reflection shine finisher through the waves to add shine and tame flyaways.
9. For additional hold, spritz some Simply Smooth humidity shield hairspray over your waves, and voila!
Perfect for day or night, these soft, smooth waves work great for almost anything!