Finger waves in the 21st Century? Believe it. Try out this easy tutorial from the Paul Mitchell team to get a salon-quality electric finger wave ‘do at home.
To create this style, you’ll need:
Paul Mitchell Re-Works Texture Cream - Work a small amount of the cream throughout your strands before styling for some extra texture and a workable hold.
A 1-inch curling wand or iron - Use this to create your waves.
A few duckbill clips - Sectioning your hair into pieces will make it more manageable and ensure you can curl every piece.
Dressing brush - Use this brush to smooth out the curls into soft waves.
Fine-tooth comb - Comb strands around your face to create perfect waves.
Paul Mitchell Illuminating Shine Spray - Coat your curls with this spray before and after brushing them into waves.
Let’s get started.
Step by step:
1. Work a small amount of Paul Mitchell Re-Works Texture Cream through your strands for extra texture and hold.
2. Section your hair into three pieces: top, middle and bottom. Hold the top and middle sections out of the way with duckbill clips, while leaving the bottom piece free to start curling.
3. Take an approx. 1-inch piece of hair from the bottom section. Wrap the strand from the scalp to the end around the curling iron or wand, making sure to keep the entire strand flat against the barrel each time you wrap it. Keep the strand on the barrel 5-10 seconds, then release.
4. Repeat step 3 until the entire bottom section is curled, then tackle the middle and top sections. Make sure you curl in the same direction all the way around your head so the curls are uniform.
5. Lightly coat your strands with Paul Mitchell Illuminating Shine Spray for extra hold and shine.
6. Gently brush the curls into waves using a dressing brush. Polish your strands around your face using a fine-tooth comb to ensure your waves are uniform and the ends are all tucked in.
7. Finish with another thin coat of Paul Mitchell Illuminating Shine Spray, and voila!
This look is great for parties or date nights. Where will your hair take you?