Holiday style is all about sparkle and elegance, but that doesn't mean you have to ditch your boho style. Joico teamed up with beauty blogger Sophie Elkus of AngelFoodStyle to create holiday hair styles, like this shimmering braided boho chic look, that will stand out at your favorite holiday festivities.
What you need:
1) Work Joico Heat Set Blowout Perfecting Creme through hair and blow dry.
2) Apply Ironclad Thermal Protectant Spray to hair. Then, using a large curling iron, create additional texture with loose curls randomly throughout hair.
3) Pull small tendrils from each side of your face. Leave a section at the back of your hair down for the braid. Pull middle section of your hair back at the crown, and using a teasing comb, backcomb underneath to add volume. Twist and secure the section with bobby pins at the base of the crown. Spray Power Spray onto hair and smooth stray hairs with fingers.
4) Divide the back of hair into two even sections. Be sure to pull in any remaining hair from the previously pinned section. Use Power Spray as needed to for additional control as you shape.
5) Pull a section forward toward the ear, make a three-strand braid, and secure using elastic bands. Repeat on the other side.
6) Spray the underside of the braid at close range with Gold Dust Shimmer Spray. Wait for braid to dry completely.
7) Pull braids up and across head, exposing the underside and the golden shimmer. Secure with bobby pins.
This elegant yet simple look will carry you from holiday celebrations with friends and well into 2015.