The up-do is the epitome of black tie sophistication and the go-to for chic holiday parties. That's why Joico, alongside beauty blogger Sophie Elkus of AngelFoodStyle, created this holiday style to add a dash of glamour your festive look.
What you need:
- Joico Heat Set Blowout Perfecting Creme
- Paddle brush
- Hair elastic
- Bobby pins
- Joico Power Spray Fast-Dry Finishing Spray
- Optional accessory (like the gold leaf headband featured on Sophie)
1) Work Joico Heat Set Blow Dry Creme through clean hair, then blow dry using a paddle brush.
2) When dry, pull hair back into a low ponytail, securing with an elastic band. Manage any flyaways with Joico Power Spray.
3) Working from underneath the ponytail, create a hole by gently pushing thumb and index finger through the hair right above the elastic band.
4) Pull the ponytail up and through the created hole.
5) Tighten the shape of the ponytail by gently pulling outwards from the base. Tame any new flyaways with a spritz of Power Spray.
6) Take the ends of the ponytail and gently wrap them up toward the base of the ponytail, creating a barrel curl. Secure with bobby pins.
7) Lock in the style with another mist of Power Spray.
This simple, yet beautiful look can carry you through all your holiday festivities. Put your own unique spin on it by adding your favorite accessories to truly dazzle. Looking for another simple holiday style? Check out Joico's Boho Holiday Style.