Holiday parties aren't all black tie soirees or casual get togethers complete with your ugliest Christmas sweater. Downtown lofts and nights on the town call for pure city sophistication, and this Joico holiday style--modeled by style blogger Sophie Elkus--is the right mix of edge with modern.
What you need:
- Joico Heat Set Blow Dry Creme
- Paddle brush
- Joico Iron Clad Thermal Protectant Spray
- Flat iron
- Bobby pins
- Joico Humidity Blocker Finishing Spray
- Joico Power Spray Fast-Dry Finishing Spray
1) Work Joico Heat Set Blow Dry Creme through clean, wet hair. Blow dry while working a paddle brush through hair.
2) Part hair down the center. Mist 1/4" to 1/2" inch diagonal sections of hair with Joico Iron Clad Thermal Protectant Spray.
3) Work through any tangles with a comb. Then, create a section of hair by placing the comb at the base of hair, pulling outward. Glide the flat iron around the section starting behind the comb and working down to the ends. Continue throughout the rest of the hair.
4) Neatly tuck front sections behind the ear, securing with a bobby pin if needed. Place all of hair behind the shoulders for the most modern look.
5) Lock in the look with Joico Humidity Blocker Finishing Spray and Joico Power Spray Fast-Dry Finishing Spray.
This holiday style is simple, sleek urban perfection that can take you well beyond the days of eggnog and Christmas lights.
Interested in seeing more of the Joico looks? Check out this boho updo with a little sparkle for a dazzling night on the town.