Nothings says romance like a touchable, soft wave. Joico stylist Eric Mayes created this sexy, easy look for those vacation date nights or nights out on the town at home. Here's how you can get the look yourself, as seen modeled by fashion blogger Sophie Elkus.
What you need:
Joico Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo, Joico Power Spray Fast-Dry Finishing Spray, Joico Power Whip Whipped Foam, 1 inch curling iron, 2 inch curling iron, and duckbill clips for sectioning
1) Start with hair that's mostly straight (though not flat ironed), brushed, and parted as desired. Use Joico Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo to grip and help texturize just washed hair.
2) Work Joico Power Whip Whipped Foam through hair to prep it for heat styling and boost volume.
3) Using duckbill clips, pin the top layer of hair back, leaving easy access to the under layers.
4) Take a 1 to 2 inch wide section of hair and smooth it with your fingers. Using a 2 inch curling iron, wrap the section around the barrel, leaving a few inches of ends hanging to achieve a more natural look. Hold for 10 seconds before releasing. Repeat, leaving a few sections untouched.
5) Using a 1 inch curling iron, curl the remaining sections of hair. Alternate the direction you wrap each section around the barrel to help add dimension to the look.
6) Remove all pins and finger style hair, spraying with Joico Power Spray to finish the look.
There you have it--a simple way to ride the wave into a dreamy summer date night.