Don't let your hair get in the way of your vacation. This Grecian-inspired look from Joico stylist Eric Mayes keeps hair in place, whether you're lounging at the beach, sightseeing...or just running errands at home. Follow the tutorial below, as modeled by blogger Sophie Elkus, to achieve this modern, polished look.
What you need:
1) Work Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Restorative Styling Oil to protect and prevent breakage during braiding.
2) Divide hair into 4 equal sections with two in the front and two in the back. Twist each section into a mini chignon bun and pin.
3) Remove the pin from a front chignon. Spray with Joico Power Spray Fast-Dry Finishing Spray to add grip and texturize (you'll do this for each section as you take it down). Start a loose French braid that goes down to the ear lobe, then secure with a clear elastic. Then, create a fish tail braid the rest of the length of the section and secure.
To fishtail braid: Divide hair into two equal sections. Take a skinny section of hair from the left side and pull it over to the right side. Repeat on the opposite side, taking a section from right to left. Continue this until 1-2 inches of ends remain.
Repeat this process for the other front chignon.
4) Create fishtail braids with the back sections. Secure each one approximately 3-4 inches away from the ends.
5) Take the back right braid and wrap it around and over to the left, pulling it up to the temple area and pinning it to secure. Do the same on the other side.
6) Take the front sections and pull them back and across, creating an X across the back of the head and pinning each one behind the earlobe to secure.
Once finished, this polished braid will have you feeling like Grace Kelly while practically keeping hair up and away.