If you haven't already integrated a deep conditioning routine into your beauty regimen, now is the time to start. The benefits of deep conditioning are numerous, and the products available are astounding. Stylist Mindy Stegall says it best, "Regular conditioners mask problems. They're like your cold medicine. Deep conditioners correct problems. They're your antibiotics."
We dish on the benefits and how best to use them.
- Hydrates and softens damaged and chemically processed hair.
- Improves hair elasticity by adding moisture, thus helping hair resist stretching and pulling which often results in breakage.
- Mends and intensely nourishes hair follicles helping maintain hair health.
- Apply from mid-shaft to ends. Never on your roots, which can leave your hair looking oily.
- Use the recommended amount. If you feel like you need more, add more. Remember - you can always add, but you can't take it away.
- Make sure you leave your deep conditioner on longer than you would normal conditioner. This will help your reap all the benefits of a deep conditioner.
- The more damaged your hair is, the longer your deep conditioning treatment should stay on your hair.
- Rinse with cold water to help close your cuticle, ensuring a smoother look.
Overwhelmed by choices? Some of our favorites include Simply Smooth xtend Keratin Replenishing Deep Conditioner, Bain de Terre Jasmine 2-Minute Intense Conditioner and Paul Mitchel Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratin Intensive Treatment.
It's time to get out there and give your hair some silky smooth TLC.