Blogger Kat Tanita (of With Love from Kat) recently teamed up with Joico to show how to get her signature beachy waves look. Steal her perfect loose waves with this easy tutorial!
1. Start by washing with Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo and Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner. For ultimate hydration, follow with Joico K-PAK Reconstructor (leave on 5 minutes then rinse thoroughly).
2. Gently towel dry your hair.
3. Apply a liberal amount of Joico Power Whip Whipped Foam from mid-shaft to ends, gently scrunching the products into your strands.
4. Blow dry your hair with your fingers, leaving your natural texture in.
5. Once your hair is completely dry, it's time to pump up the volume. Spray Joico Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo onto your roots along your part and all around the top of your head. For more volume, section off strands of your hair on either side of your part, and spray the dry shampoo along your roots there. This will also help give your hair some texture and additional hold.
6. Divide your hair into two equal sections. Starting from the back of one section, grab about a 1 1/2-inch piece of hair.
7. Wrap the piece of hair around a 1" curling iron, starting from the middle of the strand. Leave the end of the strand out of the clamp.
8. Leave the strand on the curling iron for about five seconds, then gently remove it.
9. Repeat steps 7-8 until you've curled all of your hair in both sections except a few strands around your face.
10. To curl the final strands on either side of your face, close the clamp on the iron and wrap the strand of hair (starting at the middle of the shaft, as usual) around the barrel as if it's a curling wand. This method will give the strands around your face extra bounce.
11. Once your curls/waves have completely cooled, lightly finger-comb them out.
12. Finish with a coat of Joico Power Spray.
And that's it! Hit the beach with this look, or try it out for everyday wear.