New York Fashion Week (NYFW) will soon be in full swing and we’re definitely excited! Of course we’re greatly anticipating the fall 2013 fashion collections, but what we really want to see is the hair! Based on the hair trends we’ve already observed at the pre-fall showings, here are 5 reasons to look forward to NYFW:
1. Short cuts: Thanks to celebs like Anne Hathaway and Rihanna sporting the short, we're already itching to break out the scissors. Bowl inspired cuts at Louis Vuitton and windswept cropped styles at Preen have been added to the short hair inspiration file, so we can't wait to see what else designers have in store.
2. Carefree hair: Judging from effortless tucks at Tibi and flyaway bobs at Chloe, the hair mood going into fall fashion week is relaxed. What a refreshing reminder that hair doesn't always have to be laid to perfection! We’ll be keeping our eye out for runway hair that’s both aspirational and easy to achieve.
3. Center parts: We’re delighted to see the center part love from previous seasons continuing for pre-fall and beyond. A stylish update to this game changing look is the not-so-precise part as seen at Christoper Kane.
4. Retro waves: For pre-fall Gucci and DSquared2 featured glossy waves that we just wanted to reach out and touch. We wouldn't mind seeing more of this retro look coupled with modern day fashion.
5. Outside the box hairstyles: Never underestimate the value of hairstyles that make you think about getting creative or trying something new. Take super short bangs at Versace, wild child locks at St. Laurent or slicked back manes at Thakoon for instance. These trends that probably won’t go mainstream, but they get the imagination going.
What are you looking forward to seeing at NYFW?
For the love of haute hair,