Loxa Beauty teamed up with CHI to bring you a tutorial of Maria Menounos' Oscars look - featuring, of course, the best of CHI! Read on for a how-to on Maria's GORGEOUS red carpet braided chignon look.
You will need:
One clear elastic
1" curling iron
BioSilk Thermal Shield - This spray on liquid thermal protectant helps shield hair from thermal damage caused by even the hottest flat irons and curling irons. It provides long-lasting styling results with ultimate shine.
BioSilk Natural Hold Finishing Spray - A natural hold aerosol hair spray, BioSilk Natural Hold Finishing Spray is designed to give all-day control with instant shine. This Biosilk hairspray gives the hold of a Biosilk pomade without crunching or building up.
BioSilk Dry Clean Shampoo - This water-free spray cleans hair, absorbs excess oil, eliminates odor, and adds lift and texture to the hair. Silk protects against heat, cold, humidity, UV rays and pollution.
BioSilk Shine On - This unique finishing spray controls frizz and provides hair with instant shine and UV protection. The weightless formula of this Biosilk shine spray protects hair, eliminates frizz and helps repair split ends.
Let's get started.
1. After washing, work BioSilk Thermal Shield into damp locks, then blow dry.
2. Use your comb to create a neat center part. Then section off your hair horizontally from ear to ear.
3. Divide the hair from the top section into two equal parts, then pin each section up out of the way.
4. Now you're just working on the bottom section of hair. Spray this section with a good dose of BioSilk Natural Hold Finishing Spray.
5. Take approx. 1 1/2" sections of hair at a time and curl each piece with your curling iron.
6. Once you've curled all of the bottom section of hair, unpin the top left section of hair. Spray this piece of hair with BioSilk Clean Dry Shampoo for added texture and hold. Then French braid this section.
7. After braiding, pin the section to hold the braid in place until you braid the other side.
8. Repeat steps 6-7 on the right top section of hair.
9. After braiding both top sections, unpin the left French braid and tie the two braids together with a clear elastic.
10. Gently rake through the curls on the bottom section of hair with your fingers.
11. Taking random sections of hair, start pinning curls into a loose chignon.
12. Once all curls are up in a low 'do, pull some wispy pieces loose in the front.
13. Finish the look with BioSilk Natural Hold Finishing Spray and BioSilk Shine On for added hold and shine.