For his Fall/Winter 2014 collection at New York Fashion Week, Prabal Gurung described his hair and makeup vision as “femininity with a bite.” CHI lead stylist Paul Hanlon created a simple, understated low pony for the collection that screamed strong but feminine females.
Get runway ready hair at home with this super simple tutorial from our friends at CHI.
You will need:
Let's get started.
1. Start with damp hair. Make a very clean center part, then tuck hair behind your ears.
2. Coat the roots on either side of the part with CHI Volume Booster.
3. Dry hair smoothly with CHI Turbo Dryer. Focus on removing any kinks in the hair so it lays flat against the head.
4. Apply some CHI Silk Infusion from the middle of the strands to the ends to add moisture and shine.
5. Tuck hair behind the ears, then twist it into a loose, low bun at the nape of the neck. Keep it in place with CHI Infra Texture Hairspray.
6. To add some movement and definition, use your CHI blow dryer with a diffuser to blow heat on the knot for a few minutes, then blast with cool air to set it.
7. Finish up with CHI Infra Texture to smooth fly-aways and hold style in place.
Some super-chic runway-inspired variations on the style:
- Leave your hair down and tuck it under the loop of a simple silver necklace or scarf.
- Create a simple low ponytail, then loosen and pull it out a bit before securing with an elastic.
- Loosely pin your low 'do with silver hair accessories.