Forget Pinterest for your wedding style inspiration. The latest trend in bridal hair? Inspiration straight from the runway.
For Carolina Herrera's NYFW Fall/Winter 2014 show, BioSilk lead stylist Orlando Pita created an updated 60s beehive look, offering a whimsical take on the classic 'do.
Daring brides - this look is for you. Take this 'do for a test run with this runway-inspired bridal hair tutorial from our good friends at BioSilk.
You will need:
Hair extension weft matching your hair color (72" long)
Donut hair filler
Let's get started.
2. Brush your locks up and back at crown into a high pony, then secure with an elastic. Spray all over with BioSilk Natural Hold Finishing Spray for smoothness and shine.
3. Twist the ends of the ponytail tightly until it coils into itself. Pin the ends of the coil at the base of the ponytail.
4. Take a 72” long hair weft matching your hair and cut into three equal sections. Secure each section flat against the base of the twisted ponytail, and pin into place. Tip: Sections should be pinned at 4 o'clock, 8 o'clock and 12 o'clock if you're looking straight at the ponytail.
5. Unroll a large donut hair filler. Wrap it lengthwise around the base of the pony to form a thicker and wider base. Secure against the pony with pins. Tip: Make sure you wrap very tightly or the 'do won't stay in place.
6. Begin with the section of extensions at 4 o'clock. Moving clockwise up and around the pony, wrap the extension section to hide the filler, smoothing hair with a brush as you wrap. Tuck the ends up into the coiled section and pin.
7. Secure with BioSilk Strong Hold Finishing Spray.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 with the 8 o'clock section, making sure to cover up the rest of the donut filler.
9. Wrap the 12 o'clock extension section horizontally around the entire bun style, then finish with BioSilk Strong Hold Finishing Spray.
Voila! Check out the BioSilk products to create this same look!