After chopping my hair a few weeks back, curling my much shorter locks was hard to get the hang of. Luckily, I can always count on my Jose Eber clipless curling iron to get the perfect of curl regardless of my hair length. This magic wand has been seriously put to the test on a regular basis between my tightly curled lob & tousled waves. If you find yourself often reaching for a curling tool, I highly recommend investing in this one. It’s been a total life changer - especially dealing with humid DC summers. Woof.
An updated look means an updated tutorial! I put my favorite Jose Eber curling wand to work in this tutorial for my fellow shorter haired ladies. Today we’re talking chic & easy tousled waves & all the products it takes to get them!
Start with second-day hair for this look.
1. Spray roots with dry shampoo for texture and volume.
2. Use your wand to create waves. Continue to wrap your hair away from your face until it's all curled.
3. Spray with hairspray and separate curls with your fingers.
4. Use a creme texturizer to separate your waves and add a even more hold. (Bonus: it kicks frizz to the curb, too!)
5. Finish with a beach spray texturizer to really break up the waves.
6. Add a few final srunches and boom. Done.
See more on this tousled style (and more fab tutorials) at District Sparkle.
District Sparkle is your one-stop fashion blog for workwear that is business, not boring. As a DC area native, I have seen the good, the bad, & the stockings-with-sneakers in the city known as “Ugly Hollywood”. Through this little blog of mine I hope to inspire you to look your best from work to play & help bring a little extra sparkle to our nation’s capital.